The first Grand Slam of the season is in the books, with the lone American representative in the field, the John Shuster rink, failing to win a match in their pool. Closer to home, five US teams played in the Huron ReproGraphics Oil Heritage Classic in Sarina, ON. Heath McCormick’s foursome (which includes Chris Plys, Korey Dropkin, and Thomas Howell) picked up their second World Curling Tour title of the season by fighting their way out of the C-bracket and then turning on the jets in the playoffs. With no US women’s team playing this past week, their poll remains unchanged.
- Heath McCormick – Champion at Sarnia; 7-2 for the week (31-12 on the season).
- Craig Brown – B-qualifier in Sarnia; win over Brady Clark.
- Todd Birr – Semifinalist in Sarnia (B-qualifier); wins over Heath McCormick and Brady Clark.
- Brady Clark – 1-3 in Sarnia, missed playoffs; win over Brandon Corbett.
- Brandon Corbett – 3-3 in Sarnia (C-finalist), missed playoffs; win over Brady Clark.
- John Shuster – 0-4 at the WFG Masters, missed playoffs.
- Jessica Schultz
- Jamie Sinclair
- Cory Christensen
- Nina Roth
- Cassie Potter
- Cristin Clark
Most of the US rinks will be participating in the Pacific Northwest Mixed Doubles Invitational in Seattle this week, but a couple of teams will be at the CookstownCash in Cookstown, ON with others at the Ken Kurbis Galaxy Bonspiel in Winnipeg.