Here is what I’d do from the management side in a new collective bargaining agreement between the US Soccer Federation and the US Women’s National Team Players Association:
- Major increases in the level of money spent on residency/camp compensation, per-game salaries/appearance fees, results-oriented bonuses, etc.
- Provide EVERY NWSL team with a $400,000 subsidy for their player expenses.
- Make equal ALL perquisites between the US Men’s National Team and the US Women’s National Team (flights, hotels, bonuses, etc.).
- Greater revenue sharing on home friendlies (currently the players get somewhere around $1.50 on each ticket sold)
In exchange for that significant increase in money available and allotted for women’s soccer:
- The player pool limit, guaranteed compensation, and tiered system of salaries as exposed in the Memorandum of Understanding which currently operates (in part) as an extension of the CBA that expired at the end of 2012 would be eliminated.
- Implement a upward sliding scale for call-ups (first call-up $2000, second $2500, third $3000, etc.) up to a max of $5000.
Any dollar figures in this proposal are placeholders and not to be construed as concrete values.
WoSo fandom, bring your knowledge of the current situation and help expound/expand upon this.